i finally finished installing the salvaged barnwood siding on the two long exterior walls last week. i’m pretty pleased with the results.
PS1 is progressing nicely. This has been a big week for continued evolution and transformation:
On Monday I cut the openings for all window openings, which lightened up the space inside tremendously. It’s exciting to see how open and airy it feels. And the aspect of looking out from within emerged for the first time. Imagining the outside context, and how on a house on wheels, this is much more of a fluid and changing scene. An interesting notion that sparks novelty and excitement in this architect mind.
Once I cut the openings for the windows, it was a quick dash to install the windows and weatherproof the envelope asap. after some steady rain, a little water, some head scratching, troubleshooting, and finding a flaw in my weatherproofing, i’m fairly confident that the little house is completely “dried in” or rainproofed.
Yesterday and this morning brought the addition of a nice red-orange metal roof. Quite dashing I think.
A big thank you to Michael Mooney for the assist on installing the metal panels!
Process photo gallery here.