i’m finally back into the swing of designing the first pocket shelter prototype. we made the jump from paper to 3d reality when we mocked-up up the loft sleeping space to get down to fractions of an inch in terms of just how much space seems optimal for sleeping, reading, other such horizontaling, etc. there’s a balance to be found between space above (the loft) and space below (the kitchen/counter area). there’s really no substitute for putting your body in a space to really be able to understand what it is and what it wants to be.
i’m folding what we learned from the mockup into the construction drawings, which are close to finished. i hope to actually start framing in the coming week or so! stay tuned.